Hillsborough United Gospel
Mission Church Roll of Honour
Proctor Place





Originally Hillsborough Tabernacle Church, it celebrated its centenary in 1999. The original church was destroyed in the Blitz in December 1940. Only the Banner & the War Memorial were saved. Members salvaged what they could from the ruins. A new church was built and opened on 7th May 1955.

From the Sheffield Telegraph of 19th April 1922 –
Hillsborough Tabernacle war memorial unveiled by Mrs. Reed. Rev. R. Miller gave the address. The Scouts from 38 & 128 troop sounded the Last Post. The organist played the Death March.



Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour




© Copyright 2010 - 2021 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves