St Andrews Church



This roll of honour was the parish roll of honour from the original St Andrews, when that building was demolished they moved it to the new church building.

The church are to have this Roll re-framed and intend to move it to Shirley House which is next door to St Andrews Psalter Lane.

From Canon Odoms Memorials of Sheffield – In 1920 a striking improvement was made to the church by the addition at the west end of a new baptistery, erected as a war memorial at a cost of £1,100. It is a semi-octagonal projection, with a ceiling of walnut panels in moulded-oak ribs. The white Portland-stone pavement has worked in it a . Andrews Cross, which also appears in the central window. Two white marble tablets in panelled-oak framework contain the names of 103 parishioners and members of the congregation who fell in the Great War; above are the words: “Their name liveth for evermore.”



Click here to view the names on the Roll of Honour




© Copyright 2010 - 2021 Dean Hill and Stuart Reeves